This article covers how to register for and connect to a new PayPal Business account. IIt's for merchants who've already gone through the initial configuration of the Settings app and turned on the storefront PayPal payment option.
Register for and Connect to a New PayPal Business Account
If you don't have a PayPal business account, you can register for a new one inside your store:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Open the Payments tab.
- In the PayPal section, press Connect Account.
- In the PayPal dialog box, your address may appear in the first field. You can leave it or edit it. If it doesn't appear, enter the address you want to use.
- Select your country.
- Press Next.
- Fill out all registration fields.
- Press Agree and Continue.
- Fill out all aspects of the business questionnaire.
- Press Continue.
- Fill out all aspects of the personal identity questionnaire.
- Press Submit. You'll receive a signup confirmation message.
- Press Go back to Volusion.
- Go to your email account and locate an email from PayPal asking you to confirm your email address. Press Confirm Your Email. You'll go to PayPal's website.
- When prompted, log in with the credentials you just chose.
You're registered and connected! In the PayPal section, you'll see an Active tag.
You can now visit your PayPal business account at any time to claim future transaction funds, or funds from purchases your customers made before you connected your PayPal account to your store.
For information about other aspects of our PayPal integration, see the following articles:
- Settings App: Payments
- How to Add the PayPal Option to Your Storefront
- How to Connect Your Store to an Existing PayPal Business Account
- How to Disconnect Your PayPal Business Account From Your Store
- How to Connect Your Store to a Different PayPal Business Account
- How to Remove the PayPal Option From Your Storefront