The Google Shopping app, developed by Toolkite, is a powerful integration that connects your Volusion store with your Google Merchant Center account. Through the app, you can quickly upload and sync your product catalog with Google Merchant Center, making it unnecessary to manually add products or upload spreadsheets to Google. You can even create a basic Google Ad campaign right from your store's Admin Area.
To get started, download the Google Shopping app for free in our App Store app.
Step 1: Allow App Access
- Open the Google Shopping app from your Home Screen. You may see a brief message indicating that we're configuring this app for the first time.
- Click Log In With Google.
- In the modal window that appears, choose the Google account (email address) you want to associate with your Google Merchant Center and Google Ad campaigns.
- Click Allow to grant Toolkite's app access.
Once you click Allow, you'll be redirected to the Settings tab of the Google Shopping app in your Volusion store.
Step 2: Configure Account Settings
If the Google account you selected already has an associated Google Merchant Center account, the account name and ID should automatically appear next to Merchant Center Account. Likewise, if you have a Google Ads account, that account information will show next to Ads Account.
Creating a Google Merchant Center Account
If you don't yet have a Google Merchant Center account:
- Next to the Merchant Center Account heading, click Create Account and follow the tutorial provided.
- Once you've created your GMC account, return to the Settings tab of the Google Shopping app in your Volusion store.
- If you don't see your new account details next to Merchant Center Account, click Check For Account to prompt the app to check again. Note that it may take up to 15 minutes for Google to publish newly created accounts.
Creating a Google Ads Account
If you don't yet have a Google Ads account, make sure you've configured a Google Merchant Center account first, then:
- Next to the Ads Account heading, click Create Account then Setup Ads Account.
- Once you're redirected to the appropriate page for account creation within GMC, follow these instructions to complete setup.
- Once you've created your Ads account, return to the Settings tab of the Google Shopping app in your Volusion store and click Check For Account next to the Ads Account heading.
Check Target Market Settings
Finally, make sure that the settings for your Google Ads target market are accurate. This information was pulled in from other areas of your Volusion store, but you can adjust it if you need to set different parameters for who you'll target with your Google Ads campaigns.
Now that you've configured all your settings, you're ready to upload your products to Google Merchant Center and configure Ad campaigns!
To view Toolkite's documentation on the app: