The Shippo integration lets you buy and print USPS labels within your store. Install it at your convenience in Integrations.
Watch and Learn
Before You Begin
Ensure you have an address entered in your store settings. Failure to specify an address can lead to issues with the Shippo integration.
How to Set Up Label Printing
To set up your store for label printing, follow these steps:
1. Confirm the payment method you'll use to pay for your labels. Your payment method currently on file for your VOLT store will be used. If you wish to change the payment method you use for your store and labels, see the Payment Method section of My Account.
2. Choose whether you want to use your own packing, or a carrier's.
- If you choose your own, enter a name and dimensions in the fields provided. This is the default size that appears when you print a label. You can specify a different package size when processing an order.
- If you choose a carrier's packaging, select the default size from the menu of choices.
- When you're finished, press Save Package.
3. Set a default order handling time. You can enter the number of days directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value. The app uses this information to present compatible shipping options.
4. Choose a default file format for your label.
5. Specify your return address. You can use the one on file in your Settings, or enter a new address (please note that it will overwrite your address on file).
6. Decide whether you'll print return postage as well.
7. Press Configure Settings.
Congratulations! You're now set up to print shipping labels. To learn more about how to print them, see "Postage Printing: How to Print Labels".
To change your default selections at any time, return to the Postage Printing app and edit the values as you like.