Integrating your store with Google Tracking is simple and easy with our Google Tracking App. This will give you access to tracking and statistic information that will show you who your customers are and how they behave on your website.
The first thing you have to do is create a Google Analytics account. Visit www.google.com/analytics and follow these steps:
- Click Create an Account in the top right corner.
- Click the Sign Up button.
- Select Web Site, then select a Tracking Method.
- Set up your Web Property by entering your Website Name, Website URL, Industry Category, and Time Zone.
- Next, enter your Account Name, select your Data Sharing preferences, and click Get Tracking ID.
- Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
- Copy the tracking code provided – you’ll need to paste this code into your Google Analytics App within your Volusion account.
Installing the Google Tracking Code
Now it's time to connect your Google Analytics account to your online store. To do so, you can download our Google Tracking app for free in Integrations.
Once you've downloaded the app:
- Access the GA App from your Home Screen.
- Paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID in the field provided.
- Press Save.
That's it! You can now start collecting store data in your Google Analytics account. For setup help, see Google's documentation.