Before you take any steps in your Volusion Dashboard, you will need to install the Discounts app for free in the App Store.
How to Access Discounts
Once installed, you can access Discounts one of two ways:
- From the Home screen, scroll down to the Installed Apps section and click Discounts.
- Select Integrations in the left-hand menu, then navigate to My Apps. Click on the Discounts app from your list of installed apps.
How to Create a New Discount
1. Once you have accessed the Discounts App, click the Add Discount button to begin configuring your Discount.
2. You will be offered a choice between a percentage or dollar discount. Make your choice using the drop down menu.
3. If you choose Percent, enter the percentage you wish to discount. You can type the value directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value. You can choose whole-number values, or values in tenths. Alternatively, if you choose Dollar, enter the dollar amount you wish to discount. You can type the value directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value. You can choose values in even dollar amounts or dollars and cents.
4. Choose whether the discount should apply to all merchandise, or just to certain products or categories. If you choose Select categories/products..., use the dialog box to select the products and categories of your choice by hovering over them and selecting the associated check boxes. You can also use the search field to type the name of a product or category and select it from the suggestions.
5. Choose whether or not a shopper must enter a code at checkout to use the discount. If you choose Will, enter a discount code consisting of letters and numbers.
6. Choose whether or not the discount has duration restrictions. If you choose Will, select “Days” or “Months” and enter the number of days or months you'd like the discount to last for. You can enter a number directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value.
7. Choose whether the discount should have a usage limit. If you choose Will, enter the number of total uses before shoppers can no longer redeem the discount. You can enter a number directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value.
8. Enter a discount name. This name will appear in your Admin Area discounts list, as well as on the storefront to shoppers on the checkout page.
9. Click the Create This Discount button to create and save your Discount.
When created, the Discount will automatically go Live. To disable a discount, toggle the "Active" slider to disable the Discount. Click Save at the top left of the page to save your changes.
To learn more about fine-tuning adjustments like minimum product quantities and coupon codes, see "Discounts App: Discount Editing."
For further information about discounts, see: