Discounts are a great way to increase sales and build customer loyalty. You can install the Discounts app for free in our App Store app.
Check out this video to learn more about the Discounts app, or scroll down to read a step-by-step guide!
To create a discount:
- Press Add Discount.
- Decide whether you want to create a percentage-based discount or a dollar-based discount. If you choose Percent, enter the percentage you want the discount to reduce prices. You can type the value directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value. You can choose whole-number values, or values in tenths. If you choose Dollar, enter the dollar amount you want the discount to reduce prices. You can type the value directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value. You can choose values in even dollar amounts, or in cents.
- Choose whether the discount should apply to all merchandise, or just to certain products or categories. If you choose Select categories/products..., use the dialog box to select the products and categories of your choice by hovering over them and selecting the associated check boxes. You can also use the search field to type the name of a product or category and select it from the suggestions. When you're finished, press Confirm.
- Choose whether or not a shopper must enter a code at checkout to use the discount. If you choose Will, enter a discount code consisting of letters and numbers.
- Choose whether or not the discount has duration restrictions. If you choose Will, choose Days or Months and enter the number of days or months you'd like the discount to last for. You can enter a number directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value.
- Choose whether the discount should have a usage limit. If you choose Will, enter the number of total uses before shoppers can no longer redeem the discount. You can enter a number directly, or use the arrows to adjust the value.
- Enter a discount name that displays in your Admin Area discounts list and on the storefront to shoppers on the checkout page.
- Enter a name. This is the value you'll see in your Discounts app list.
- Press Create this discount.
Congratulations! You've created a discount.
By default, it's not active. To turn it on so customers can use it, or to learn about lots of other fine-tuning adjustments such as minimum product quantities and coupon codes, see "Discounts App: Discount Editing".
Also, for further information about discounts, see: