The Customers feature contains organized information about each of your shoppers. From here, you can view, edit, and create individual customer records. Access the feature by clicking the Customers icon located on the left navigation menu of your site's Dashboard.
The Customers List
When you access the Customers app, you'll see a list of all of your store's customers. Anonymous accounts – email addresses without a first or last name – appear at the top of the list, while records that begin with lowercase letters appear at the bottom of the list. You can use the column headings to sort customer records by their number of orders, order value, or the date of the most recent order they placed.
Adding a Customer
Most customer records are automatically created when a customer places an order on your storefront. You can manually create a new customer record by following these steps:
- Click the Customers icon to open the Customers page.
- Locate the Add a Customer plus sign icon at the top right of the page and click it to create your new customer.
- Type the customer's First name, Last name, and Email address.
- Optionally, enter the customer's Phone number, Notes, and check the box if they agree to accept your marketing emails.
- Click the Save button at the top left of the page to create the customer.
Adding a New Shipping Address
The Shipping Address is added when your customer makes their first purchase. However, if you want to create the address ahead of the purchase or add an additional/alternative address for the customer:
- Click the Add New Shipping Address button and enter the First and Last Name of your Customer.
- Choose the Customer's Country and enter their Shipping Address. To make this the default Shipping Address, click the Set as default shipping address checkbox.
- Click the Add Address button to save the Shipping Address.
- Click the Edit button to edit an existing Shipping Address.
The Customer Details Page
Once you select a customer record, you'll see a brief summary of the customer's activity. This information varies, depending on the fields the customer filled out when they created the account. If the customer bought something from your store in the past, you'll see the total number of orders they placed and the total value of those orders.
If the Customer has placed an Order the Order History displays a table with information about the customer's orders, including each order's number, date, total, and status. To view more information about a specific order, press anywhere within that order's row.
Use the Notes section to add notes about a customer. They only display on this page and will not be visible to your customers.
Editing or Removing a Customer
For more information, see "Editing Customer Accounts."
If you'd like to export your customer records to a spreadsheet, you can do so from the feature's landing page:
- Click the downward-pointing arrow in the top right and save the file in the local directory of your choice.
- The file will download as a Comma Separated Values (CSV) document to your computer.