A theme is a set of pages with specific block arrangements. As the framework for a website's design elements, the theme defines the colors and fonts, spacing and positioning, and content types that are displayed in each area of the storefront for all device types.
To update or switch your theme:
- Click the Site Designer icon in the left Navigation Menu.
2. Click the Change Theme link located at the top of the Site Designer page. This will open the My Themes page. From this page you can activate an inactive theme, or add new themes using the Browse Themes link.
Choosing a New Theme
Volusion offers free Themes as well as paid Themes that offer additional features. To choose a new Theme:
- From the My Themes page, click the Theme Gallery button at the top right of the page.
2. For free Themes, click the Get Theme button to add the Theme to your Inactive Theme list. Your new Theme will open in the Site Designer page. You can make edits, but the Theme will still be inactive until you click the Publish button at the top left of the page.
3. For paid Themes, click the Buy Theme button to be taken to the Checkout page where you can pay for your new Theme.
Activating a Theme
You may have multiple saved Themes for your site, but only one active Theme at a time. To activate an inactive Theme:
- From your site's My Themes page, in the Inactive Themes section, click the Edit button of the Theme you wish to activate.
2. You may edit your Theme from this page. To make this Theme the active Theme on your site, click the Publish button located in the top left of the page.
3. Clicking the Settings gear icon will allow you to rename or delete an inactive Theme.
Creating a Theme
You site also offers the option to create a custom Theme. To create this Theme:
- From your site's My Themes page, click the Create New Theme link.
- Add a name for your new Theme and click the Create button.
- Your Theme is inactive when you create it, to make it active, click the Publish button located at the top left of the page.