Creating an Informational Page
1. From your store's Dashboard click the Site Designer icon in the left Navigation Menu.
2. Click the Page: Home drop-down menu in the top center and choose Add a Page. In the New Blank page slide-out add a Page Title and Page Path. The Page Title is internal and will not be seen by your customers. The Page path should be simple and not include any special characters. You will be able to return to the Page later to add SEO information. Click the Done button to create the page.
3. Click the blue Plus icon on your new Page- you will then be able to choose a block to add to the Page from the Left Side Navigation menu. One good choice is the "Text Block" located in the "Misc" section. Click "Misc" to see the available choices. Scroll down to the Text Block and click the Add Block button. Hover over the new Text Block and click the Edit button that appears in the top left of the Block.
4. Click the blue Edit Text button on the Text Block edit menu to add text to the Page. You can change the text, add images, create links and embed links such as videos from other web pages. Click the Update button at the bottom right to save your changes.
5. To complete your Text Block creation, click the Done button in the Text Block edit menu.
Adding a Button
- To add a button to the Homepage Header that will allow you customers to access your new information Page, click the Page dropdown menu in the top center and choose Master Template.
2. From the Master Template Page hover over the Header section of your store and click the blue Plus sign icon that appears. Using the Add a Block menu on the left side of the Page locate and click the Misc section. Then locate the Button Block and click the Add Block button in that section. Hover over the new Button Block and click the green Edit Template button that appears at the top left of the Block.
Change the text on your button to your liking, and add the link for your Important Information page. This information can be located by viewing the Page you created in the dropdown menu at the top of the Page. You can choose to open the link in a new window, edit the style of your button and change its alignment as well. Click the Done button when you changes are complete.
3. With each Template change, you will need to click the green Publish button at the top left of the Site Designer Page.
Adding Additional Information
It may be helpful to add some additional information that will let customers know to click your new button in order to access your Important Information Page.
- From the Site Designer page, click the Page drop-down in the top center and choose Master Template. Hover over your Button Block and click the blue Plus Sign icon that appears directly below it. From the "Add a Block" menu locate and click the Misc section. Then locate the Text Block and click the Add Block button to add the text Block to your Homepage.
2. Hover over the Text Block and click the green Edit Template button on the left. In the Text Block menu click the blue Edit Text button. You can now edit the text to create a banner under your button. You can edit text size, font, color and text alignment to create your call to action. When you have finished editing your text, click the blue Update button at the bottom right.
3. Click the Done button in the Text Block menu to save your changes.
4. With each Template change, you will need to click the green Publish button at the top left of the Site Designer Page.
You can also use the Master Template menu to add a divider or an image to draw attention to your button.
When you have finished and Published your changes, all Pages of your site will now have a banner with a button that will allow your customers to instantly access important information about changes that may be occurring with your business.