This article covers adjustments to the Store Name & Domains section of the Store Info tab of the Settings app after you've completed your initial configuration.
Your Store Name is the text-based version of your logo that displays at the top of your website header. You can edit it here as you like. When you're finished, save.
The Store Email value is the sender email address your customers see when your store sends automatic emails, like order confirmations. It's also the address their replies come to. By default, it's the same as your login address. You can edit this value as you like without also altering your login address.
Domain Name Settings
Your Sub Domain is the unique portion of your default web address. By default, your web address is in the following format:
You can edit the Sub Domain value freely. Note that spaces are replaced by dashes, and text in URLs is not case-sensitive. Changes you make affect the URL your customers use to access your store.
Custom Domain Names
If you'd like to use a fully custom web address, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Register a domain name with any ICANN-accredited registrar. For more information on purchasing a custom Domain Name, click HERE.
- Locate the Domain section and in the field marked Custom Domain enter your domain in the field marked Custom Domain. Once you have entered it, click the ADD button.
3. Allow us 30 minutes to process your request. When we're finished, your name server settings will display on the page.
4. Access your domain name registrar's control panel.
5. Locate the name server settings section.
6. Input the values we provided in the Store Name & Domains section of the Store Info tab. They will be unique to you, for instance,
Note that access and updating instructions will vary by registrar. If you need further assistance with steps 5-7, contact your registrar or locate its support resources.
After you complete all steps, it can take up to 72 hours for your new name server settings to propagate throughout the internet. During propagation, it's expected that your store will be available at the domain name you chose for some internet users but not others. This timeline operates independently of our timeline for processing your order internally.
You can view your domain nameserver settings at any time by clicking [+] Expand in the Nameserver Update Info row.
⚠️Determine Whether Special Records Must Be Copied Over
If you just purchased your domain name and haven't used it yet, skip this step.
If you've been using your custom domain name for other purposes, it's important to ensure that they stay working.
- If you are using it for branded email addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org, you don't need to worry- we'll bring over your MX records automatically when you point your nameservers to Volusion, and your existing email will continue working.
- If you are using it for subdomains such as blog.yourdomain.com, we'll need to copy over your custom DNS records for your domain. Reach out to a Volusion support specialist by sending us a message.
For information about other sections of the Store Info tab, see the following articles: